Thursday 19 September 2013

handmade life




This photograph actually makes me so happy. It is me cutting my birthday cake (made by my sister) holding my niece S. What makes me really happy about this picture, besides how adorable S is, is the fact that I made all of the clothes in this picture! I made the dress that I am wearing, S's shorts and top (which is a self drafted peplum top pattern). 

I have not been sewing for long but I am so glad I am able to learn new things and grow my skills to eventually cover my entire wardrobe. I love to sew for the kids in my life. S recently inherited some polka dot shorts (red, pink and purple pairs PLUS the pair she is wearing in this picture) as well as the top. I also gave her a tail coat jacket, which is perfect for her as she is such a performer.

Sewing for my other niece (nearly 5!) is also lots of fun! Since she lives in Darwin now all of her clothes need to be nice and breathable and cool to wear. I have sent her up some shorts and tank singlets and will soon be heading up to visit with some polka dot shorts (pink and purple) and her very own geranium dress (if you follow me on insta you will know I love that pattern!). I am sure she will love it as she is a very girly girl.

Here are some other things I have managed to find time to sew for me:




One last photo of my self drafted top:


No comments:

Post a Comment